From WikiHow::How to Choose a Teddy Bear
Choose a Teddy Bear as your very own pet and companion.
How to Choose a Teddy Bear: 11 steps – wikiHow
Caring for a Teddy Bear is easy; grooming is easy, no feeding, no walking, no clean-up.
- Locate a store or shop that sells toys and stuffed animals. There are stores in the Mall that even allow you to pick your own bear, and stuff it yourself. For example, there is a place in some US cities called Lil Lovables Fluffable Factory where you create tiny teddies and can get them some clothes. And of course there's Build-A-Bear Workshop where you buy teddies or other stuffed animals and clothes for them.
- Choose the teddy that you think suits you best. You may want a male bear or a female bear. Select the bear that is just the right size and color for you.
- Name your bear. Name your bear something that suits its personality as you see it. If your bear is shy and not a talker, you could name him or her "Whisper" or "Tim" as in "Timid". If your bear is loud and outgoing, you could name him or her "Bubbles" or "Burst". You can also name your bear according to its appearance. If he or she is black, you could name him "Midnight", "Shadow", or "Ebony". If he or she is white, you might want to name him or her "Snow White" or "Ivory". You can also name your bear just by a feeling that they fit that name. You can name your bear whatever you want, just be sure to keep its gender in mind! If you are stuck, and your teddys a boy, you could name it Theodore. Why? Because many people named Theodore have the nickname Teddy. See?
- You can also use names that are for both male and female teddies, like Alex, or Casey. Or, if your animal is a monkey, you can spell it differently and it's name could be Monkie.
- Once you find a name for your teddy, it's time to tie a ribbon on it's neck. It's said that the day you tie a ribbon on the teddy bear is your teddy bear's birthday.
- Take your bear home and write information about your bear on a card or in a small notebook for safekeeping. This information will include the name you chose, the eye color, and the gender. Make sure you add your name as the person who adopted the bear. Also write down your bear's hobbies and interests.
- Make a small "birth certificate" to keep in the notebook or on the card you have started. (Hint: Your bear's birthday is the date you first tied the ribbon on him or her.)
- Introduce your new bear to all the other stuffed animals or dolls you might have. Introduce your new teddy to your family, too. Set aside a spot in your room, for the bear to sleep or sit when you are away from home.
- Play with and hug your teddy often. Your teddy will always be there for you, whether you're happy, or sad, or mad, or lonely. Tell all of your secrets to your teddy.
- Take your teddy shopping with you. You might want to take your teddy to school. (Be sure you get permission first.)
- Buy or make clothes for your teddy. Treat your teddy with love and caring and your teddy will give it all back to you.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Choose a Teddy Bear. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.